Serves: Yields 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (5-ounce) salmon fillets with skin
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound spinach, washed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat an oven to 400 degrees and position the oven rack in the middle.
Place a large oven-proof skillet on the stove over a medium-high heat, and add olive oil. When the oil is just starting to shimmer, add the salmon, presentation side first. Sear to a light-golden brown color, about 2 minutes. Turn the salmon over to the skin-side and transfer to the oven. Bake until the salmon is flaky and slightly pink inside, about 5 minutes. Transfer the salmon to a plate; reserving the skillet and set aside.
Place the skillet back on the stove over a medium heat and add the butter. Once the butter begins to foam, add the shallot and garlic and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the zucchini, spinach, capers, lemon zest, parsley and cream. Cook until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.